The current estimated time for the Ethereum Merge is between 06:00 AM and 11:00 AM (IST) on September 15, 2022. In the event of a chain split (Scenario B), the Ethereum Proof-of-Work (PoW) Mainnet and its forked token would assume the “ETHW” ticker.
If the ETHW chain persists, CoinDCX will handle all technical requirements involved for all users holding ETH and WETH in their CoinDCX accounts, and credit the forked token (ETHW) to eligible users’ CoinDCX accounts at a ratio of 1:1. Withdrawals for ETHW will also be available at a later date. Further details regarding this distribution will be provided in a separate announcement.
Important to note:
- In case new forked tokens are created, we will evaluate the support for distribution and update you the details in separate announcements.
- There will be NO impact for Spot (INR / fiat-to-crypto) users trading on ETH/INR and ERC-20 tokens. Trading shall continue as usual.
- There will be NO impact for Spot (crypto-to-crypto) and Margin users. Trading shall continue as usual.
- There will be NO impact on Futures trading. Users can continue to trade as usual.
- For users who have staked ETH with us, their ETH will be upgraded to ETH2.0 automatically and there is no action required from their side. However, the staked tokens cannot be withdrawn for the next 6-9 months post the Merge. Timeline will be shared in future announcements.
- All ERC-20 tokens will be upgraded automatically to 2.0 for users.
- Liqueth (LQTH) will be live and an update regarding the same will be shared to users once we have the ETH 2.0 starting to be released slowly.
- We will keep you updated with more details in further announcements.
If you wish to learn more, you can read our blog here: Ethereum Merge Closer than Ever! Why it Matters & What to Expect
We appreciate your support and cooperation while we work on this. In case of any further queries, please reach out to us at Support here.
Join our Community