CoinDCX Futures will increase the funding rate settlement frequency of the following instruments from every eight hours to every four hours, 12th October, 2023, 1:30 p.m:
Funding would be charged for the above-mentioned instruments at the following times, from 12th October,2023:
01.30 AM IST
05.30 AM IST
09.30 AM IST
13.30 PM IST
17.30 PM IST
21.30 PM IST
- Fundings are periodic payments exchanged between the buyer and seller, generally every 8 hours. If the rate is positive, then longs will pay and shorts will receive the rate, and vice versa if the rate is negative. It brings the price of the perpetual contract back to the spot.
- When the Funding Rate is positive (perpetual contract trades at a premium to spot), longs pay shorts. When it is negative (perpetual contract trades at discount to spot), shorts pay longs.
- Your position value is irrespective of leverage. For example, if you hold 100 BTC-USDT contracts, funding is charged/received on the notional value of those contracts, and is not based on how much margin you have assigned to the position..
Note: CoinDCX doesn’t charge any funding fees from its users. There is no interest rate on keeping the position open indefinitely in perpetuity. The payments are directly interchanged between the buyer and the seller
Our Partner Exchange Binance Futures will continue to review funding rates constantly and make necessary adjustments accordingly. If there are changes on multiple futures contracts, an announcement will be sent to notify users at least one week in advance. The one-week advance notice may not be feasible in some cases such as during extreme market volatility, and a shorter notice period may apply. Thank you for your understanding!
For any additional information around
- What is the Funding Rate?
- Calculation of the funding
- Real-time data
- Historical data
Please visit the link.